Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fauxnad Plates

Konad plates have some of the more unique, creative designs, but they also cost a little bomb. Recently I saw Canadian Nail Fanatic talk about her fauxnad plates from HB Nails. The plates were gorgeous and they had some very special designs, and not so much of that flowery nonsense. I mean, I do like flowers and all that, but I can probably survive on just 5 very nice flower images. It's like once you've seen a couple, you've seen them all. The recent Konad plates seem to show that Konad's kind of getting over its flowery obsession.

Anyway, the HB Nails plate has some very nice plates, particularly Christmas ones and even an Easter one, so I was seriously thinking about getting these. But at the price of 56 Euros for 20 plates, it was just way too expensive to even contemplate. Anyway I did check shipping, they don't ship to Singapore. Which is a good thing, because I would have been seriously crazily tempted!

It's a good thing that I didn't purchase those though, because today, I found a link from Nails Beautiqued polish blog to a little slice of fauxnad heaven!

Ready? This is it- BF-Beauty!

THEY SELL THE EXACT SAME HB PLATES 21-40, but at USD$2 apiece!

Yes you heard me right, $2! And guess how much shipping is to Singapore? (And the USA, and Armenia- these were the countries which I used to test the shipping calculator)

TWENTY CENTS EACH!

Yes, you can get an entire fauxnad plate for just USD$2.20! Seriously! They have more designs than one konad plate, albeit much lesser full nail designs, but at $2.20? Really? It's freaking amazing!

I certainly intend to get some, particularly the Christmas ones since Christmas is coming up!!!!!! Yes I love Christmas!

They also sell a bunch of other fauxnads, some which contain Konad designs, but not the full nail ones. They do have some lovely sea turtles and seahorses ones, which I will get, because I have a hang-up over sea creatures because I dive (BTW, saw a giant turtle on my last diving holiday). There are lovely paw prints ones, and some with feet and hands, which I find a little weird unless you have a fetish over hand and feet digits. Do check it out, the company is located in HK, and while the website's layout is a little messed up (I have to scroll like mad to the left to see the items), at $2.20 a plate, I'm completely willing to scroll as much as I need!

EDIT: I joined the website as a "member", which is free, and they immediately give you 20 store credits which is USD$1 off! Plus everything on the site has a discount immediately for you. The plates are now $1.96 and not $2! I know it's only a couple of cents, but why spend it unnecessarily? 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I love BF-Beauty and I did order some of there plates. I wish they had the T-Series. They are so expensive on ebay.

    (I'll email you about swapping) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they had HB plates 1-20 too! There are some very pretty Christmassy ones that I want to get. But with the number of Christmas plates I want to get I'll probably have to change my polish each of the 12 days leading up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK you soso much for posting about this site. I'll be putting together an order for it at the end of October for sure! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Looking forward to seeing all your nail art stamping fun!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete