Sunday, October 10, 2010

My first franken!

Hi everyone! I have made my very first franken! I'm quite excited about this, but I haven't worn it yet. This is some lovely tiny multi-coloured glitter added to a bottle of Elianto's clear nail polish.


It's a lovely mix of gold, silver, red, blue and green glitter. Here's a blurry shot to show you the glittery goodness!


This is what it might look like on the nail. I just redid my nails before I frankened this and didn't want to remove my mani, so I swatched it on paper. Isn't it pretty?


From left to right, this is what it looks like from one coat to four coats.


I thought about making this thicker, then I figured it'll be nicer to leave it so that I can use it as a layering polish, instead of strictly just a glitter polish. After all the coats are always buildable, and also depend on how you scoop the glitter out of the bottle.

There's a problem though- look at the nasty bottle in the picture below! This is what it looks like after I let the glitter settle. Help! It's a nasty nasty colour. It's fine if I shake the bottle before I use it, but it's really just an eyesore to be looking at this.


Does anyone know how to make the franken maintain its usual glittery state? Does this happen to your frankens?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous franken! Sorry I'm not really an expert on frankening and wish I could help. I have a few bottles in a similar state! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your pain. I just wish it'll stay in its pretty state all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I really can't franken.... (well, actually I don't know, never tried it!)
    I'm just afraid I'll mess everything up :(

    ReplyDelete