Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Pretty much all the polish blogs I'm reading these few days feature the blogger's top ten polishes of 2010, and while that's a great idea, I'm going to give it a pass, because I really only started liking polishes in the last one-third of this year so I don't have that many polishes, and also just recently started blogging, so I really don't feel like I have any locus standi. 

Anyway, I'll still share with you my new year's eve mani, I'm not planning to go anywhere, I rather stay at home, but I figure I might as well wear something nice on my nails. 

These are the polishes I used: Elianto Sea Green, a nameless polish with dusty silver glitter I got in Hong Kong, Revlon Galaxy, and an FOF polish with hexagonal blue polish. 


First I put on three coats of the Elianto jelly, which became a dark teal, nearly black. 

Then I added on one coat of the dusty silver nameless glitter polish. (This would be in the two pictures below.)


I like it, it really looks like Essie's Starry Starry Night (from the pics I've seen), but more teal I think. 


I know you can't really see in the photos here, but there is one coat of Revlon Galaxy on top of the polish now, which has blue and copper micro glitter in it, to give the overall polish a subtle depth. (In these two pictures below)



Finally I added on the FOF blue hexagonal glitter. 





Yup the final look! I like it quite a lot, my nails look quite blingy, but with a lot of depth behind it. It's quite nice because the teal shows more around the edges of the nails, near the cuticle and the tip, so it really makes the polish look "deeper" in the middle. I swapped this polish with another blogger, and she blogged about how it looks like the depth of the sea, and she's exactly right! It looks that way and is absolutely gorgeous! The glitter just sort of blings it up and gives it a more deep-sea-creatures-floating feel to it, though I think it might pass for some sort of blue stars in the galaxy too. I'm definitely going to try more combinations with this polish.

New Year's Eve has traditionally been very boring for me, usually I go to church for a service first, then maybe go to a friend's place to hang out. This year I've just been feeling like being on my own a bit more, so maybe I'll just stay at home tonight and do some readings. Haha yes, very sad. But somehow I just kinda want to be on my own tonight. Plus I hate crowds and anyone can imagine the crowds anywhere in Singapore. Marina Bay will be flooded with people, so will all the clubs at Clarke Quay and whatnot, so I'm really much more keen on avoiding people. I haven't driven since my accident and cab fares will double or triple what with the midnight surcharge and the public holiday surcharge so I guess it's good staying at home. Nothing wrong with going out to party, but I've grown up always going for the watchnight service in church then maybe hanging out with friends, so I'm just kinda averse to huge crowds right now.

This 2011 I'm not quite sure what resolutions I have or what I'm looking forward to, I'm hoping to go on exchange to either USA or Europe, pull my grades up, develop better relationships with my friends, and a bunch of other small things, nothing really big. What do you look forward to?

1 comment:

  1. those nails look awesome.
    i am looking forward to going to makeup school
    blogging more and losing weight.
    xx

    ReplyDelete