Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sunny Day, Sweepin' the Clouds Away

My first attempt at hand painting my own nails!


Ta-dah! Sesame Street! It is a little indecipherable, I know, but I'm pretty happy it turned out sort of recognizable because it's pretty cool!

It was very challenging painting my right hand since I'm right handed, but I'm glad I didn't screw it up royally.



Colours used

Oscar-thumb: O2 Skin Green polish, Brown acrylic paint, Pink tongue was painted with CG Mum's Chiffon

Cookie Monster- index: Sally Hansen Hip-Hop Frost as a base, then CG Poolside on top

Ernie- middle: Elianto Orange, Red nose and mouth with Color Workshop Red, Pink tongue with CG Mum's Chiffon

Bert- ring: Elianto Yellow, Elianto Orange for the nose

Elmo- pinkie: Color Workshop Red, Elianto Orange

All the white eyeballs were painted with a white nail art pen from Etude House, all the black mouths, pupils, and Ernie's hair were painted with Konad Black two-way nail art pen. 



Oscar kinda looks like Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles and Cookie Monster just looks like a monster. I know it isn't very well done, but on first glance, could you tell it was Sesame Street?

I asked a few kids, they all recognized Elmo first, and they all didn't know Bert and Ernie, I wonder why! Bert and Ernie are adorable! Oscar's my favourite though, I don't know why but my mum told me when I was young I just loved Oscar, I have no idea why I liked the guy in the trash can, but he is quite cute. Who's your favourite Sesame Street character?

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I so want to do this for the little boy I used to nanny for. He loves sesame street and just had a sesame street birthday dinner with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls!

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: A sesame street birthday dinner sounds awesome! I hope he enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete