Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RBL Coral

I apologize for the lack of posts, my camera was with my sister and so I couldn't upload anything the past few days. This was a past mani, using RBL Coral which I purchased during the 50% sale last year. 


I saw this polish on another blog and it looked like a lovely colour, but I wasn't quite in the mood for it these couple of days, so I didn't really like it.


It's a pretty colour, not too orangey, and it does seem to be of a slightly different shade each time I look at it in a different light. It's sometimes a bright red, a dusty orange, a muted red, or even a hot pink (only in very orangey light)!


Like most RBLs, the formulas was lovely, but my base coat had little lumps in it which made the polish on my middle finger bumpy.


I got bored with it after a while so I stamped it with a lace and leopard print from m57.


I'm not one who really likes leopard nor animal prints that much, though I do love seeing these African animals, probably because I was brought up seeing very old ladies wear leopard prints to the markets and always perceived it as garish and tasteless, but after more interaction with Westerners, I realize that leopard print doesn't come across as garish nor tasteless, and it's actually popular! I'm starting to really like such prints now, subtle ones of course, but to the chagrin of my bf who thinks it's super ah lian.


Anyway I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I'm trying to grow long fingernails! Not very long ones, just longer, past my fingertips, and probably as long as I can go without one of them breaking. Now I have a question- should I take Biotin? I've heard from the Nail Board that it's good, but I'll love to hear of any personal experiences about it and maybe I'll be able to find it in Singapore somewhere!

So why did you start taking Biotin, and how has it affected your nails (and hair)?

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely on you - makes me think of spring! I'm curious about the Biotin thing too. I haven't taken it, but I'd like to know from a personal experience how effective it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is really pretty. I also have this konad plate :)

    ReplyDelete