Sunday, February 6, 2011

My CNY Mani

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful CNY holiday and celebration, mine wasn't that great but the food was fantastic! 

This is the mani that I wore for the past few days. In case you can't tell, it's supposed to be cherry blossoms. 


The base is Color Club In Pink, the branches are done using a black striper, the white flowers are done using one of those liquid-paper-like nail polish dotters, and the pink centers are done with a Daiso striper.  Topped with INM Northern Lights in Silver and Gold to give it a bit of a sparkle.


I didn't really like it, I thought it was a little too messy, and the branches smeared a little when I first put top coat on, but it is very feminine and I did enjoy doing it, even if it didn't turn out great.


I think I might give it a shot some other time, the flowers would stand out more against a darker pink.


Have you seen cherry blossoms before? I haven't, but I hope to. I've heard that when they flower in March in Japan, they're everywhere and absolutely gorgeous!

7 comments:

  1. :) I think this is your best mani yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the above! :D
    I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried to do similar nail art that i named it "Sakura" before and that was fail! but this one is very cute and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty!

    /hugs!

    http://spellbindingnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I'm surprised because I didn't think that this was very neat at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool. I love it! You are so talented.
    If you haven't had a chance to check it out already, I have a makeup competition going on my blog. Hope you will check it out:
    http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com/2011/02/funnyface-beautys-red-carpet-makeup.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete