Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Starry Starry Night

Essie Starry Starry Night has been a long hard to find polish for everyone in the nail polishing world, and I know many people have come up with substitutes. This is mine! It isn't quite deliberate so as to copy the same look, but I had some pretty blue polishes and decided to recreate the night sky. 


The base colour is Elianto Sea Green, a dark blue/green jelly. It's topped with a sheer blue jelly with silver glitter in a tiny bottle that I got from Hong Kong. It turned the polish more blue.



It's quite pretty, and I think Essie's Starry Starry Night has less glitter and the blue is darker, but I do like this and it was very pretty to wear and stare.

Do you have any Essie Starry Starry Night substitutes?

2 comments:

  1. :) Very pretty! I love my SSN Franken- I don't know how accurate it is but wearing it makes me feel like I have the real thing.

    ReplyDelete