Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something Simple & Born Pretty Store Review

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of blogging. I've been pretty busy lately and am set to get busier with a research paper to write. John Stuart Mills anybody? 

I've also run out of space for pictures on blogger, so now I have to upload my pictures to Flickr, which takes AGES, and that's a reason why I'm lazy to blog now. So much extra work! Can anyone tell me how many photos I can keep on flickr? 

Anyway here's a polish for you- Fusion, from Sephora. It looked very dirty gold in the bottle, so I didn't really like it, but on the nail it's gorgeous! It's very light and shimmery and slightly champagne-y. 


I only used one coat, and you can see how sheer it is in the picture below. I was using this as a base for my Essence metallic polish Copper Rulez, which I showed here. It turned out that Copper Rulez was opaque enough in one coat and didn't need this as a base. 



This is a very pretty colour which I will definitely wear again by itself. 


And here's some nail art for you! Besides getting the pearls shown here, I also got some little nail art stars  found here. The base colour is Essence Trendy, with silver stripes radiating outwards and a black star at the base of the radiating lines. 



These are not my nails, these are my sister's! I did her nails. Sorry for the awful lighting. Anyway the stars are adorable, and as easy to use as any other rhinestones. The stars come in a very secure container, and in a range of colours. 



I'm definitely looking forward to using more of the stars, they're so so pretty, and they jazz up any manicure easily. 



Anyway this is some simple nail art anyone can do, and I enjoyed doing something so easy!

1 comment:

  1. that looks way sick. love it. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a necklace from pie n the sky if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete