Friday, July 15, 2011

OPI DS Extravagance + stamping!

OPI DS Extravagance is a very pretty scattered holo polish. It's a deep berry pink, with what almost seems like a red shimmer in the depths then when light hits the surface, it just bursts into a myriad of pink, blue, silver and green from the holographic glitter.


It's a subtle holographic effect, very elegant for days when you don't want your nails to be too flashy but yet you also want to call attention to your gorgeous well groomed nails. 


For some reason my little finger can never line up properly with the rest of my fingers. Awkward!

I stamped on top of this with the full nail butterfly design from the new BM plates. I love the full nail designs on the new BM plates now, mainly because they're properly big. Even when my nails were nubbins, the old BM plates could never properly be stamped across my nail because I generally have giant nails (as compared to teensy weensy nails). 

You can see the butterfly effect really nicely here, before anything has been painted on top. I stamped with WnW black creme. 


It's really so pretty and subtle!



Then I thought that I'd like the whole nail design to be really holographic, so I added a layer of China Glaze Wireless Holographic Top Coat, and then you can't see the design so well anymore.


Yep, sad sad disappointment now. 



I've learnt my lesson- for intricate designs, don't holographify everything!

On another note, I used to have nubbins. If you go back to my first few posts, you'd see awful clean-up (aka no clean up) and nails so short that my fingertips extend well beyond the nails. It's a habit instilled by my piano teacher who hated hearing the click of my fingernails on the piano, so my nails would be cut as short as possible.

But thanks to the nail board on Makeupalley and the many nail blogs, I decided to grow my nails longer, and look how much they've grown today!


Not the nicest looking nails, or the best painted nails around, but I would certainly say this is very decent compared to 6 months ago! I've also started to get used to having longer nails, even though I dislike having to dig out the dirt under my nails constantly. I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I constantly clean it, and I did read somewhere that germs can hide there and make you really sick, which is why healthcare professionals aren't allowed to keep long nails. I've got rather fat hands too, very thick knuckles, I used to crack my fingers all the time when I was younger, and my mum told me that it would make my knuckles big but I didn't believe her, and now they're big, so I don't know if that's really true!

Long nails do elongate the fingers, so I think my hands look nicer with long nails despite the fat knuckles! Do you prefer long or short nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment