Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Roses on the wallpaper

For the first time in a really long time, I did some hand painted nail art! Or something close to hand painted at least! Some pretty pretty abstract roses! Since my blog is one of the tiny blogs in the sea of nail art blogs, you would probably have seen the same design elsewhere, because that's where I learnt it from.

The base is OPI Fair Pinkum Dinkum, and from the name alone I would probably infer it's from the Australian collection. It's a beautiful pink polish with silver flecks, very gorgeous even on its own.



I love how simple and elegant it is!


Then I used a dotting tool to create these beautiful roses, and used a tiny brush to paint on the leaves. Clearly, the hand painted leaves are really really crooked.



China Glaze White on White, Orly Poison Apple, Nina Pro green polish, and OPI Who the Shrek are You are the polishes I used. 




This was a really fun manicure to do, I got loads of compliments on this, and some who saw it asked, "stickers?". And I got a little offended, because it was "stickers?" in the "I can't believe YOU are capable of hand painting this so it must be stickers" kind of tone, but I figured I'd just take it in the "wow it's so beautiful it has to be stickers!" kind of tone instead! Haha self-comfort. Do you ever get such reactions when you do your own nail art?

7 comments:

  1. What a cute pink!
    your mani is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Pretty! I love the roses with the dots and I am totally stealing that idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, but I will always proudly correct with a smile on my face that NOPE THESE BABIES AREN'T STICKERS! :-D This is beautiful and you did a fabulous job. Seeing the rose print NEVER gets dull or old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! All of you put a smile on my face this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello , I have an award for you on my blog!
    Check here:http://frumusikapro.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunshine-awards.html

    ReplyDelete