Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spot the fake OPI!

Hi everyone! Today let's play a game. It's called "Spot the fake OPIs!"

Sometimes we're cheated into buying a fake OPI off ebay, and this can be an unpleasant experience. I have been fortunate enough not to have been cheated before, but I have bought fake OPIs before. I knew they were fake, they certainly smelled like fakes, but I bought them nonetheless because I liked their colours. If you've been reading my blog for a while, I posted some time back about the fake OPIs I bought in China.

But don't be annoying and go hunt for those posts. I mixed my fake OPIs with my real OPIs, and I'd like you to take a stab at guessing. I urge you to judge the OPI based on its shape, the font, the base of the bottle shape, the cap, and whatever makes you think an OPI is a real OPI. I didn't include pictures of the label, since my fake OPIs have names which give them away immediately, but I will follow up on this in a subsequent post, and also give you the answers!

Ding ding ding! Now let's start!

Question Number 1:







Question Number 2:






Question Number 3:






Question Number 4:






Tags : opi


You all will have 48 hours to play this game, after which I will do a blog post on the answers, and the differences between a fake OPI and a real one. I look forward to checking out the responses!

Edit: If you're up to it, leave a comment on why you think a particular polish is fake! This way I can better respond to concerns over fake OPIs in my next post. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!
    I don't know if the green is a fake but I'd die for this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I know everyone says they can pick a fake but putting it to the test is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete