Monday, November 21, 2011

Models Own Pink Fizz on a beach

Hi everyone, I'm studying in Israel on an exchange program for now, and it's winter here now and it's colder than I've ever experienced (besides a month in Shanghai in winter), and I'm perpetually cold. But when I first got here it was hot and really sunny, and the beach was a wonderful place to be.

Here's my incredibly shiny and glittery manicure having a day at the beach!


This is 3 coats of Models Own Pink Fizz, a lilac-like pink glitter. It's not really pastel, but kind of resembles a mix of lilac and pink, and really pretty! I used 3 coats, which in person looks okay and seems to cover the whole nail, but which I'm now realizing in the photo is not yet enough.


Here I am, on the beach of Herzliya, which is absolutely beautiful and one of the most beautiful beaches I've been to, and I've been to a fair number. It's more beautiful than any beach I've seen in Bali, and I know Kuta beach is a real popular spot. But Herzliya's better, because it's not as crowded, it's not hot, the wind is quite chilly, the sand is so fine, it stretches for quite a bit before the sea comes in, and the waters are just so turqoise. It's also the first time I've seen the Mediterranean sea!


I had a wonderful day at the beach just drawing shapes in the sand, and building sandcastles with a plastic cup, at least before it broke, and I love the sea! It's wonderful to have a beach nearby, because I'm a water sort of person- I dive quite often, and there's a beach near my house at home, and I love the saltwater air. Unfortunately it's winter now, so I don't want to go there because I'll freeze! I don't get any winter in Singapore, not even a temperature dip below 22 degrees Celcius. So, any tips for staying warm in the winter? 

1 comment: