Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year everyone!

It's nearly 2012! I'm wishing everyone now because my new year's eve is going to be sitting at home, studying for an exam on the first of January. But that's kind of okay, because I don't really celebrate new year's eve. I know a lot of people go out and party, and usually in Singapore I spent it at a midnight service in church, or stay at home and sleep, sad huh. Haha I enjoy it. I find sleep a lot more rewarding than partying late at night, plus the midnight surcharge on taxis is awful, then adding on top of that, the Jan 1st public holiday surcharge.

I did this mani yesterday, before my exam today so I would have something pretty to look at during the exam when I stoned out, and I must say that I am so in love with it! I bought this nail polish set from the flagship Topshop store in London, mainly because of the third polish (from the left) below. It's a mini set, and they didn't have the one I wanted in a full sized bottle.


You can't see it here, but it's a purple polish, with FLAKIES! Topshop? Flakies? Yeah!


I used two coats of Barry M's Vivid Purple as a base, then put on 3 coats of this purple polish with red/green flakies. It's awesome!


As you can see above, the flakies are multi-chromatic, changing from red to orange to green, and it's really really pretty. You can see the flakies in the bottle too!


The polish from Topshop has no name because it's part of the set, and it's a little sheer, very jelly like, and unfortunately the flakies are quite sparse, because on top of the two base coats of purple, I had to use three coats to achieve what you see in the pictures.

This is a really really pretty polish, I absolutely can't believe that Topshop had flakies, and this isn't too bad for them. I just wish they had a full sized bottle instead of making me buy the others in the set too, which are merely a teal, a dark pink, and a dark pink with shimmer, which aren't that unique.

But for all those who like this polish, good news for you! It's very easily re-creatable! I posted about Nubar 2010 a while back, and because it has the same kind of flakies- red/orange/green, you can just put it on top of a purple base and voila!

This is the look that I did with Nubar 2010 which greatly resembles the Topshop one:


It's even better because there's more flakies in Nubar 2010, the Topshop one is really sparse.

It's hard to believe 2012 is coming so soon, I find the coming of a new year so much more depressing than a birthday actually. I feel like there all these things that I wanted to do but haven't yet accomplished, and time really really does fly. Such a cliche, but it's a cliche because it's true.

My new 2012 resolution is not so much nail polish related, because it's something I enjoy but I'm not a professional blogger nor do I seek to get more followers or viewers, this is just a hobby for me and I have this blog to document some of my pretty manis that I want to share. Ah-hem that's why I'm too lazy to find/buy a software that can put a watermark on my photos, even though my photos have been stolen before and put on Nail App!, a Japanese nail app where users post their own photos, but there was a user stealing photos from bloggers everywhere and posting it as her own. My 2012 resolution is to get stronger. I want to do one-pull-up, squat and deadlift my own bodyweight.

What are your 2012 resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks so great!!
    I love it!
    Have a nice New year's eve ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flakies! I have 2010 as well. Happy New Year and good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cheryl, i think the name of this polish is "adornment". i bought this set too, in february, right here in singapore, and there were labels at the bottom of each bottle. i have yet to use it though, too many other untrieds. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Mine has no labels! Thanks for letting me know!

    Happy new year everyone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete