Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wishing for a white Christmas

This is the first time I've going to spend Christmas out of Singapore, and I'm in Israel, where it sometimes snows in Jerusalem. I'm hoping for a white Christmas, though I know that it won't be much snow and the smush on the ground will end up being more yucky than magical, but I just want to experience a white Christmas for once.

This mani is snowflakes which I painted myself, very challenging considering my brush isn't very thin, and the polish isn't very pigmented!


The base is Barry M Cobalt Blue, painted with a gold H&M polish, because OPI Alpine Snow just isn't pigmented enough. The gold polish isn't that great, I had to go over it twice sometimes, but at least it ended up being quite pretty and pigmented. 


The snowflakes on my left hand as seen above aren't the prettiest, a little awkward and sometimes too many details. The ones on my right hand below look better, but not as nice, because I had to paint it with my left hand and I'm right handed. 


I do love how delicate snowflakes look. I hate that they come across as big and chunky on my nails, and pretty much unidentifiable. 


I'm wishin' for a white Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment and following your blog here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog and following me back too.

    Thanks for share,
    * DARK HEART 2011 *

    ReplyDelete